New Councillor Induction 2-3.30pm
DAPTC Via Zoom Online
28 Jun 21 - 14:00 to 15:30
Engagement activities, e-learning and a short webinar £35/delegate
We have dusted off our old ‘Councillor Fundamentals’ course and put together this new programme that should give new-to-role councillors a good introduction to parish and town life.
We have on offer a combination of engagement activities, e-learning and a short webinar. Newly elected or co-opted councillors can choose the most convenient way to join us to help build their knowledge.
This is made up of 4 components:
- Attending a council or committee meeting where you have been elected or co-opted
- Attending one of our monthly drop in sessions called 'What We Do' that gives an overview of how DAPTC support you (75 mins)
- The new e-learning module - Introduction to Local Councils (45 mins)
- Webinar - New Councillor Induction (90 mins)
All your Clerk has to do is book a New Councillor Induction
(4) course for a date that suits and we will automatically enrol you on the e-learning Introduction to Local Councils
(3) module. You are then left to pick a convenient date for 'What We Do
' (2) when we write to confirm 3 & 4. Depending on when you join council 1-4 components may not run in that order. It is more beneficial if you have attended a council meeting as the first step.
These sessions are run in the third or fourth week of each month.
In the event of insufficient bookings for both afternoon (2-3.30pm) and early evening (5-6.30pm) sessions, we will amalgamate the bookings into one session after contacting all delegates.
Additional details for e.g. accessibility requirements or invoicing arrangements?